Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sept. 13th

So, today was my first day at my junior high, the place where I’ll spending most of my time. I was a freakin’ celebrity the moment I walked in, but…the fun part is the plethora of new Cast Members.

Mrs. Nice Teacher – She’s the English teacher who’s silly, but very kind. She’s always saying her English is horrible and apologizing, but seriously, she’s really good.

Mrs. Sick Teacher – The second English teacher. Okay, so she’s not always sick, but the first day, she was ill, and had to leave in the middle of the day, so…the name stuck.

Mr. Unreadable – This dude…He’s the third English teacher, actually he’s the head English teacher, but I can never tell if he’s annoyed with me, joking with me, looking down at me…just that same stare, all the time. It’s…really, really scary.

The Secretary – This girl speaks awesome English, mostly because her husband is British. She’s my Rosetta Stone.

The Principal – Nuff Said.

Vice Principal – Same.

Coach – The coach of the boys’ basketball team who is ALWAYS sizing me up…and challenging me to free throw contests.

Mini-Coach – Coaches the girls’ basketball team, and likes challenging me to…everything. He’s shorter than Coach.

Volley-Coach – Coaches girls’ volleyball.

Caffeine Dealer – This dude is always giving me power drinks, and asking me about America. He’s really cool, though.

Mrs. Dytha – DYTHA stands for Dresses Younger Than Her Age. Oh, don’t worry, she’s not all…nasty lookin’, wearing mini skirts and tube tops or something. Her clothes just betray her maturity. Particularly the leg warmers. …What?

Booze Master – This dude is absolutely obsessed with what alcohol I’ll drink.

Shy Music Teacher – Oh, this girl is downright adorable. She’s over the after-school brass music club. She’s just very nervous about talking to me. …Which of course means I gotta mess with her, right?

There are more, but these are the ones who interact with me the most. Remember this post. Because I know you’ll need to refer back to this list from time to time.

I was greeted by Mrs. Sick Teacher, and introduced to the whole staff in one big ol’ meeting. They, once again, were impressed by my Japanese. Mrs. Sick Teacher told me that I’d be doing nothing but self introductions today, and maybe a little quiz work with the kids. No problem at all. So, between Mrs. Sick Teacher and Mrs. Nice Teacher, I taught three classes, who basically just wanted to know who I am. Same questions, same answers. No one knows I’m single though. Not yet. Mwahahahaaaa… Oh, but I’m sticking with the “I hate natto thing,” since Natto-sensei thought it was hilarious.

D

No comments: