Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Skinny Little Devils

So......Tuesday.  

Nothing major.  But I gotta say, I'm noticing a certain...coldness in The New Girl.  Like, she's smiling when she looks at you, or when she needs help, but if you watch her out of the corner of your eye, all that disappears.  And what's left is...a bit of a scowl.  Of course, I might just be imagining things.  I'm usually very wary of conventionally attractive females of all ages.  Ah, trauma...still got me in your grips, I see.

Here's lunch for that day:


In other news, I was finally able to return to teaching one of my personal classes after school.  This Tuesday one is fun; my students are a woman, her daughter who is my age, and an old guy who is just awesome.  I think he's secretly Japan's version of James Bond, but...I'm afraid that if I learn too much about him, he'll have to kill me.  Unfortunately, he couldn't come today.  But I still had the ladies, and they are a funny duo.  After teaching them about chickenpox, vaccinations and tornadoes, we somehow got on the topic of Japanese men, specifically the current generation of young men. The ladies were of the opinion that men were getting far too thin these days, and it was making them feel...creeped out.  Men should have some muscle, they said, but not too much.  Just enough to make them look like men, not girls.  I laughed, and they went on to say that they'd like to see more men with six-pack abs.  These ladies are definitely not like other women in Japan.

The current trend is long hair, tight pants, no muscle.  This is for dudes, mind you,  we're entering and age where Japanese men are prettier than the women, and that's just how the ladies want it.  Not that they'd ever date such dudes, but they'd like to see men like that walking around.  I'm not talking metrosexuals, or men who keep themselves well groomed.  I mean men who probably couldn't lift their own child if they had one.  I understand that Japan has always had a different view of manliness than the West, but those guys still were tough.  They endured.  Stamina, perseverance and patience were the qualities of the old Japanese man.  Now?  I dunno what's going on, but pants are getting unbelievably tight, and that spells disaster for me.  Also the future of Japan.  I mean...I'm seeing 40-year-old men like this.and 40 is pretty darned grown in Japan.  Imagine an emo-uncle.  Yeah.  Like that.

My prediction?  The future Japan will be a bunch of skinny dudes, skinny girls, cigarettes and no kids.  Foreigners will have taken all the others far away.

The ladies agree with my prediction.  We gotta bring back the muscle in this country.  I need to take one dude and one chick and put them on a special workout program where they actually eat, get them both looking decent and then post pictures.  Then I can release a DVD.  And then...profit.

I've found my calling.

J

No comments: