Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sketchy Schoolwork

Well, the lessons move forward, and I am still the leader for most of the class.  New Girl is still pretending to be defenseless, so I'm trying to show her what to do.  Basically, make the kids smile, let them talk loud, and perform, perform, perform.  Nobody wants a boring English class.  But after each class today, she'd say...

"I'm really gonna need your help!"
"Can you please be the leader all the time?"
"I don't know what to do!  This is only my second year!"

Other Girl seems to be getting tired of this act, but she's smiling more than she used to.  And honestly, that's my goal. 

Now, hey...maybe New Girl really is nervous, and maybe she really does need my help, but I'm only at I'd school every other week, so...what's she gonna do when I'm gone?  Looks like I gotta go into Mentor Mode.  Ugh.  Always makes me feel like a know-it-all, though.  

And, whenever I feel like a know it all, there's nothing like trying something I suck at to bring me back down to humbleville.  And for me, that is...2D Art!  Me, pencils and paper...we got a rocky relationship.  Funny thing is...I studied art in college,  but see, it was just an obstacle to overcome so I could get into the stuff I was really interested in: CG Animation.  Unfortunately, the art part drained me until I was completely burned out, but hey...that's life.  Anyway, I'm trying to get back into drawing, and that's part of the reason I've got my iPad.  I found a picture on my desk, and I just made a really rough sketch of it and I'm slowly working on value and color, so I can get used to drawing on the iPad, and, well...start over.  Here's the picture...



And here's what I got so far...


I'm not looking for praise or validation here.  I'm just putting my work up so it encourages me to keep moving.

Today's lunch.........  Crap!  I forgot to type out the menu!  I'll try and edit this post later, but here's a picture of our VERY Japanese lunch!  Take a look!


That's all for now, people,  I gotta sleep.  Last night was horrible...

J

No comments: