Monday, April 02, 2012

Uncertainties strike again!

Ah, spring vacation. I'm in my second week of vacation at the moment, with nothing to do but sit back, watch TV, and try my darnedest not to gain back the weight I've lost since last year (around 20 pounds).

But now, I also have this here iPad, which means I have no excuse to slack off anymore. But with all that freedom, with all these drawing and writing apps I've downloaded, and with the styluses I've picked up...comes a boatload of doubt. See, I'd like to become a better writer. I'd like to become a better artist. And I'd like to get back into the field I studied in college... But, for some reason, all I can think about is the ocean of inability that I gotta empty out, one spoonful at a time. There was a time when such a notion excited me. In fact that time was, like, three weeks ago, but something isn't right. I'm not entire sure what that is.

So, I gotta find a starting point. With my writing, the starting point is here, on the Internet with my many blogs on various subjects. But with the drawing and stuff? I got nothin'. Really. So, if anyone out there knows a good place to start getting some drawing skill...let me know, seriously.

Maybe when I get bold enough, I'll start posting my crappy drawings here...or on another blog. That's motivation, right?

J

2 comments:

Megan said...

Check em out and connect...

http://art-blogging.blogspot.com/

Jamal said...

Totally didn't see this until now...