Wednesday, April 18, 2012

...Thursday

...I'm worried that I'm gonna have to start calling River Blossom my boring school.  Really, nothing of note happened.  I wish i could drop some amazing anecdote here, but dang...not a thing.

Here's school lunch.  Salmon, okara (imagine tofu stuffing), soup, rice snd milk.  Take a look!


Maybe the dullness is my own fault.  I mean...I ain't exactly crisp today.  Last night, my Wednesday class had a "party" to welcome two new students.  This class is a bit of a mixed bag.  Five "old" women.  They're all grandmothers, but they have wildly different personalities.  And there's a 20 year span from oldest to youngest.  The oldest is a teacher with four grandkids, who volunteers at schools, loves old Japanese music and kids.  Next in line is a quiet woman who loves cats, but hates conflict...unless she knows you are dead wrong.  Next is a rather loud woman who loves laughing, talking and...asking questions.  The last two women are the new students.  One loves cooking and baking and the other is...well...rich.  Very rich.  Mix these girls together and you get one difficult class t o teach.  It's like they all wanna go in different directions, which is crazy considering the way Japanese culture focuses on unity.  But they all get along.  And they all seem to agree on one thing: I am the cutest thing, and they wanna treat me like their grandson.  

So, they had a little "party" at the sushi-go-round, or conveyor belt sushi shop.  This is the equivalent of a party at...Pizza Hut.  Kids love it there, but it's kinda weird to see five old ladies and a huge foreigner sitting there.  We have these parties every once in a while, but what they usually boil down to is five women trying to fatten me up for three hours.  Seriously, between these girls and my girlfriend, I gained 20 pounds in a year.  I looked more cuddly, but my knees almost shattered from the weight.  But it was fun.  A few beers, a lot of salmon sushi, and...hey, I am a happy dude.

And...that's all I got!  I feel like I used to be more contemplative on these things.  Maybe I'm losing my introspective nature?  Or maybe I just don't know how to bring it out anymore...  That's actually terrifying for me!

Anyway, take care everyone.  I'll see if I can't break into my brain a little better from here on out.

J

No comments: